[SEDXC] Rohn 45 Projesct. Looking for suggestions

Dave Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 20 17:58:28 EDT 2017

Gang,

I am using a concrete base for my Rohn 45 tower as I have to place to put a section in concrete.  Here is what I am looking for:

1.  A flat piece of metal 24" long, 1/2" thick, and 3 inches wide.  I plan to use the 1 ' bolts from the old concrete base plus the big nut to hold the base down.

2.  I plan on also using the pier pin so need help drilling a hole on the concrete pad.  I will get epoxy cement from Lowe's or Home depot to make the pier pin solid.

3.  I have never used quick connect connectors for my T2X rotor. There are several in the Hy-Gain rotor parts in the 2017 MFJ Catalog.  I need one for the rotor base and one at the end of the rotor cable going to the shack. Which one do I use?

Steve K7LXC tells me the guys at the 20 foot level (replaces a house bracket) are adjusted to make the tower plumb.

Thanks in advance for ideas and advise.

73 Dave K4JRB