[SEDXC] RFI

Mike Greenway K4PI at BELLSOUTH.NET
Wed Nov 15 14:36:14 EST 2017

I do a lot of power line noise tracking and happened to have my tracker on while I was in the shack and noised this loud popping noise in one direction.  It turned out to be an extension power strip.  This strip also had some outlets for charging USB devices.  I took the strip apart wondering what could be causing the popping noise.  The unit for making USB voltages is more complex than you would think.  Since I don’t use those anyway, I cut it out of the circuit.  No more noise now..  Some of the most in innocuous looking devices can cause RFI problems.