[SEDXC] NEW FEATURES JTDX

K4PI K4PI at BELLSOUTH.NET
Thu Aug 6 19:51:34 EDT 2020

For those using JTDX to decode FT8 there are some new nice features.  I
am not sure if I mentioned these on here before or not.  It gives a
readout that shows you how slow your computer might be in processing.
Above the decodes window it shows Lag time, which is the amount of time
it searches for signals after you have started transmitting.  In the
Decode section if you have everything maxed out, with Hint, SWL mode,
and AGCc selected , you can see just how bad things might be. If you
have a very fast computer you might see something like +2.8/45 which
says you only went over 2.85 seconds with 45 decodes.  I have talked to
some that see upwards of +10 to +12 which will mean you are missing some
decodes.  It has a widow that will tell you when you miss a decode.  You
can back off the sensitivity in the decode windows to improve those
numbers but that means you can be missing stuff because you are not at
the most sensitive setting.  You can request some of the setting to
cycle through 1, 2 or 3 times within a sequence.  3 looking the hardest
and making the computer work the hardest.  If you are just a casual op
it probably does not matter but if you trying to squeeze every possible
decode out you want the most sensitive.  It takes something equivalent
to a Intel I7-8700 with at least 16 G of memory to run at the most
sensitive and stay under 3 for 30 to 40 decodes a seq.  I have a friend
with an I9-9900K and it does a great job staying around +2.  73 Mike K4PI