[SEDXC] DXCC PROPOSAL FROM N4MB ARRL SE DIRECTOR

K4PI K4PI at BELLSOUTH.NET
Sun Jul 19 17:30:47 EDT 2020

If you have any comments please contact Mickey, N4MB  SE ARRL Director

One of the things I've been working on as a member of the ARRL Programs
and Services Committee is the change to DXCC Rule I-9 that restricts
counting DXCC contacts.

This rule has been passed by the ARRL Programs and Services Committee
and has been tasked back to the DX advisory committee.

This should ELIMINATE almost ALL of the propagation shopping issues.
Basically, it limits remote operation to three situations...

A DXCC applicant may apply for remote dxcc credit where they:
- use remote stations within 200km of their own station and their own
primary station from anywhere.
- use a station wherever they are location
- use a SINGLE SPECIFIED REMOTE STATION any time. THis single
station can only change once per sequential year.

I wrote this after taking THIS GROUP's requests and floating it to see
what I could pass. I started with a hard limit of a 200km circle - which
people objected to who have remote personal stations. Many amateurs are
"snowbirds" - "up north" in the summer and "down south" in the winter,
and build out stations at vacation homes that they want to use remotely.

This is to prevent "propagation shopping" which I and a number of other
directors want to stop.

This has been passed out of the Programs and Services Committee and
tasked to the DX Advisory Committee. This will be the third time that
they have examined this issue, but the first time a rule change has been
promoted.

I've attached the motion to change the rules, which I would like to get
in front of the full board in January. If you live outside the
Southeastern Division and support this, please contact your DX Advisory
Committee member and your Division Director.

We will get this changed!

Thanks for your support.

73,

Mickey Baker, N4MB
ARRL DIrector, Southeastern Division
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
/“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve
me, and I will learn.” /Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.