[SESprint] Recording

Jim White sesprint@contesting.com
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 13:47:07 -0400

Agreed

I am so poor at this I even have two complete stations, including their
own computers...this is a must for me if it is in the left ear the body
shifts left and types on that keyboard, etc...

This seems the best way to keep something complicated as simple as
possible - brain basically since Icannot copy two qsos at once it is
bouncing back and forth whether I am listening to one or the other
rig... I personally tend to put the slower/secondary band on the left
rig although I do not know why since I am a lefty - it just seems to
work better for me...

I have heard the arguement made that you really require less
attentiveness to the run radio and as such it should be the one off to
the side - the hard part - milking the second band should be on the
radio dead ahead.. this kinda makes sense - except for diddling the RIT
- too bad nobody has developed an outboard RIT/VFO knob for the YAesu
FT990/FT1000D - I would love thaty - if someone did that would be all I
would need for the run radio most of the time!

As far as a recording - anyone have an audio cassette they wanna copy -
will reimburse you... used to have a library of these for psyching
myself up - only one left is an old SS tape - has some nice SO2R moments
but need a Sprint atmosphere - fast paced tape to get my head aligned so
it appears.

Tnx N2NL and others for the suggestions - hoep to see everyone this
Satruday.

73,

Jim, K4OJ