[SESprint] Southeast Sprint Coalition Re Registered

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Sun Feb 8 19:50:02 EST 2015

Dan:  Sorry for the confusion that left you off the team.  In
retrospect, I'd like to have you and K1GU on the team and leave Dave,
N2NL off since he dropped out early.  You have seen his message. Also I
never heard W4UX, but he could have had a big score. Funny the way that
happens some times.

I guess it was a good thing anyway to get you on the air to make a
monster score and to get your 80M antenna repaired.

I had unanticipated problems with transceiver or amplifier.  The amp
worked great on 20M, but wasn't working on 40 or 80 until the last 15
minutes when it did work briefly on 80M.  Trouble continued on Sunday.
When it doesn't work, the relay doesn't engage.  I have replace the
cables and tried to drive the amp with the Icom, but couldn't figure out
how to do it, or it didn't work with the Icom either.  Either a T/R
relay or something in that circuit in the transceiver or the relay in
the amp (the amp relay has just been replaced).

I have another amplifier just back from the repair shop and will get it
on line and see what the problem is.

Sorry my score isn't what it could have been if I had had high power for
the entire four hours.  I think I operated HP for only about 1 hour and
40 minutes.  The rest of the time, all of 40M and most of 80M, I was
running 100W.

311 x 44 = 13,684.  Will post to 3830 later.  73, John, K4BAI.