[SESprint] K4BAI Claimed Score Feb 2015 NA Sprint CW

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Mon Feb 9 11:08:00 EST 2015

                     NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

    80:   82
    40:  115
    20:  114
---------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: Southeast Sprint Coalition

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW (for part of the time), TH6DXX, zepp, dipole,
inverted
vee.  20M started out very well. When I changed to 40M, the relay in the
transceiver that controls the amp or the relay in the amp failed.
Turned off
the amp for a while. It started working again for the last 15 minutes on
80.
Very difficult to get my QSO# over to west coast stations on 80 without the
amp.  Ver disappointing not to be high power for the whole contest
period.  I
am sure the score would have been one of my better ones.  Too bad NCJ didn't
get out the support for the CW Sprint that the phone guys did the week
before.
Rate suffers because there were not really enough operators to keep the
rate up,
regardless of power.  Thanks for all QSOs.  Hope to see some of you at the
Contest Dinner in Orlando next Friday night.  73, John, K4BAI.