[Skimmertalk] Calibration

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Mon Nov 29 14:38:36 PST 2010

I turned my K3 down to 1 watt and sent a bogus callsign into a dummy
load (to get around the self-spotting blocker) on 10m.  Turns out that
Skimmer is consistently reporting spots 150-200 Hz higher than my radio
thinks they should be.

Calibration technique is described in the readme.txt file.  The same
calibration factor is used in both Skimmer and Skimmer Server.  You can
look at your trace in Skimmer and see whether it needs to be changed and
roughly how much.  Since spot frequencies are accurate only to the
nearest 100 Hz, it's easy to get close enough.  Just make sure you check
calibration on the highest band you intend to Skim.

--
73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com