[Skimmertalk] Lean, Mean, CW machine.

Andrew O'Brien k3ukandy at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 16:21:35 PST 2011

Well,  I know I am preaching to the choir here but after months of
being too cheap to actually buy a copy of CW Skimmer, I finally gave
CW Skimmer to myself as a Christmas present .  Armed with a plethora
of applications, my station is a lean , mean , CW machine.

I feed CW Skimmer with an SDR-IQ.  The SDR-IQ is in tandem with a
TS-2000 and Elad Switcbox that enables sharing of the antenna and SDR
front end protection when transmitting.  CW Skimmer feeds
Spotcollector and the TS-2000 is kept in sync  via Commander and
W3OA's Skimmer to Commander application. Winwarbler provides the
macros for rapid exchanges with DX  and my Microkeyer and Bencher
paddles are in-line when I send manually.   Most of the time I am just
reacting to my own skims but occasionally allow Spotcollector to
access other skims when looking for what others may be hearing.  Its a
"busy" scenario with all these apps at once, but so far it is fun.
Tomorrow, setting up two monitors!

Andy k3UK