[Skimmertalk] Anybody recognize this qrm signature

Steve n4lq at carolina.rr.com
Mon Dec 26 18:36:59 PST 2011

That is most certainly noise from a plasma TV nearby since it looks exactly
like what I have here. It radiates directly off the front of the screen and
no amount of filtering will help. I have it from next door. He has a 60"
Samsung and it really makes a mess of 80 meters. I've used the MFJ Noise
Canceller 1026 and it will take it out but is a pain to adjust. The best
cure is a receive only antenna as far from the source as possible.
One clue is: As the picture content changes, the noise will shift frequency.
Take a pocket AM radio to Walmart sometime and walk past the row of TVs. Its
very easy to spot the plasmas!

Steve N4LQ