[Skimmertalk] Fwd: Decode range? Skimmer and PowerSDR ?

Andrew O'Brien k3ukandy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 21:06:17 EDT 2013

Thanks again Bob.  I will try again later tonight, busy at work so not as
much continuous time as I would like for this project.  Part of the issues
(aside from my old brain) is slightly conflicting help files.  Some saying
use WDM, some saying MME, .  Some saying set radio to "none" some saying
set radio to PowerSDR. I am fairly certain I used the article you
reference, above. One odd thing this morning, that you may
have partly answered, is what I saw on the PowerSDR screen did
NOT correspond to what I saw on CW Skimmer screen   Example, I had a CW
signal calling CQ on PowerSDR at around 14022.  On CW Skimmer, his CQ came
in as "-11".  ON several occasions, despite many CW signals in PowerSDR,
there was nothing on the CW Skimmer screen.  So the two screens seem
totally unrelated.  That is where I left things when I needed to go to the
office this morning.  I have successfully set up CW Skimmer with Omni rig
in the past, for 3Khz mode using a Kenwood TS2000 in sync.  I have
also frequently used CW Skimmer with an SDR-IQ  and Spotcollector.  This
morning , briefly,  I had the CW Skimmer frequency change from 0.0 to a
match with my PowerSDR frequency but when I then changed frequency in
PowerSDR, CW Skimmer stopped following it.

I suspect that I need to get them both fully sync'd, and then things will
work as they should.

Andy'