[Skimmertalk] How to handle A/D Clipping?

KD7YZ Bob kd7yz at denstarfarm.us
Fri Jan 11 08:53:06 EST 2013

Hello Skimmertalk people:

I am still quite new with my SDR-IQ so have to ask what to do when the
lower-left Status is color Red and says Status 4 A/D Clipping.

I tried varying the two settings on the HF-Gain & IF-Gain selection for
"SDR-IQ" Radio. IF-Gain seemed to have no effect on the A/D nor on
strength of Rx data. HF-Gain seemed to cause a "Click" in the SDR-IQ
sometimes but it also didn't make the Status-4 go away. And it did
appear to effect the strength of signals on the WF and also what was
decoded.

My rig is a K3.

thanks

--