[Skimmertalk] Skimmer Server/QS1R: "Invalid floating point operation" error at startup

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Nov 14 03:31:49 EST 2013

When things like this happen:

   1. Exit Skimmer Server and all other SDR software
   2. Power OFF the QS1R (at the power supply)
   3. Wait about 15 seconds
   4. Power ON the QS1R
   5. Wait about 30 seconds for Windows to recognize it
   6. Start Skimmer Server

Programs like SDRMAX/Winrad/HDSDR etc. do not leave the QS1R in a state
where it will accept the custom FPGA code loaded by Skimmer Server.  Hence
the need to power up the QS1R "clean" before starting Skimmer Server.

73,
Bob, N6TV

 Tracking down some drop-outs when recording Skimmer Server (with QS1R), I