[Skimmertalk] Problems with CW Skimmer , SDR Bridge, and SmartSDR

Andrew O'Brien k3ukandy at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 16:50:10 EDT 2014

Anyone have suggestions as to what I am doing wrong ?  At least one other
new SmartSDR user reports similar symptoms.  It seems that The frequency
reported by CW SKimmer can be vastly different than that displayed by
SmartSDR.  Apparently the Telnet server port for Cw Skimmer has to be set
for ports that SDR  Bridge uses to obtain frequency information.  I suspect
this is where the problem lies but thought i would check her for ideas.

Here is a Youtube video of how I set things up and it provides an
illustration  of how things do not work correctly.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/xuNffXGHTgc?vq=hd1080

You will see one CW Skimmer episode where things seem OK and one where CW
Skimmer displays a frequency around 6.9 mHz despite Smart SDR being set for
the 40M band.

Andy K3UK