[Skimmertalk] Multiple Installations

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat May 5 13:21:26 EDT 2018

On Sat, May 5, 2018 at 6:48 AM, Roger Parsons <ve3zi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> My setup works fine switched between OmniRig rigs 1 or 2 - but perhaps
> interestingly only when I set it up by directly editing the .ini file.

Are you saying you have to manually edit these files because changes made
using the CW Skimmer Settings dialog don't get saved?

%appdata%\Afreet\Products\CwSkimmer1\CwSkimmer1.ini and
%appdata%\Afreet\Products\CwSkimmer2\CwSkimmer2.ini and

I assume you followed all the instructions here:

http://cms.reversebeacon.net/sites/cms.reversebeacon.net/files/2018-04/Multiple_CW_Skimmer_Instances_150320a.pdf

Perhaps you skipped as step.
Did you forget to rename the CwSkimmer.exe files as well as the directories?
Is each shortcut marked set to "Run as an Administratror?"

I will try VSPE - hoping that the 32bit version will work as I am a bit
> loath to buy it if it won't solve the problem.

This may not be necessary.  It sounds like both instances of CwSkimmer may
be using the same CwSkimmer.ini file, which won't work.  You may also need
the 64-bit version of VSPE (runs free as a trial version).

73,
Bob, N6TV