[Skimmertalk] CWSL and HPSDR

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jun 19 21:23:54 EDT 2019

If you can "see" band noise on all bands with scale factor 16 (the
default), you're fine.  No need to calibrate the HDSDR S-meter; CW Skimmer
doesn't calculate the S/N ratio that way.  The scale factor you set in
HDSDR's Extio_CWSL dialog has no effect on the reports generated by CW
Skimmer Server.  Better to check that your frequency of your spots matches
those reported by calibrated skimmers such as those at KM3T.

The feature of Aggregator that would compare your frequency calibration to
those of all others was disabled a long time ago to improve server
performance, as I understand it.

73,
Bob, N6TV