[Skimmertalk] CWSL and HPSDR

Brad Denison brad.denison at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 21:58:18 EDT 2019

Thanks Bob - perhaps I did not word my question correctly.  I am more
interested in knowing that if I put in a calibrated signal source (S9
for example) to my receivers I get that value reported back correctly.
The only way I know how to do this with a QS1R or a RP is by using
CWSL TEE & HPSDR, which by default, never returns the value I know I
am injecting.  MY FDM-S2 for example requires no fiddling with
parameters for the software to yield the appropriate S9 on the
display.

For now I am not worried about the frequency of spots or SNR of spots
- just that my receivers are showing S9 when I put in a S9 (or any
other value for that matter).

Perhaps this clarification will help with an answer.

Brad, W1NT

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 6:04 PM Brad Denison <brad.denison at gmail.com

>* So, it's summer and I figured while not too busy I would do a health check*

>* on my skimmers. Using CWSL and HPSDR is not something that I have
bothered *>* with too much in detail but I observe that there is an s-meter
calibration *>* procedure and also that the scale factor parameter changes
the S-meter when *>* that parameter is adjusted. *> >* So my ask to the
experts is when using a calibrated signal source what is *>* the
appropriate method to setup HDSDR using CWSL such that I can ensure my *>*
skimmers are healthy in the levels that they are hearing? *> >* Thanks, *> >*