[Skimmertalk] Alternate 5V power supply for Red Pitaya?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Jul 13 15:22:35 EDT 2021

3D2AG's Red Pitaya is having problems, and since the issue seems to be
correlated with varying RP fan speeds, I think his power supply or RP cable
is having problems.  The symptom is that SkimSrv starts OK, works for less
than 30 seconds, then "Too many receivers" and network traffic drops to
zero.  We've tried various combinations of CAT6 Ethernet cabling via
Ethernet Switch and via Router with no success.  It used to work fine with
no issues.

Has anyone tried using a Raspberry Pi power supply with the RP, or does it
use some type of proprietary USB signalling to produce full output?

There are many options:

https://www.amazon.com/5v-3a-micro-usb-power-supply/s?k=5v+3a+micro+usb+power+supply

I wonder which one is RF quiet (the one provided with the RP is actually
kinda noisy).

73,
Bob, N6TV