[Skimmertalk] Moving a trio of RP over to a separate LAN - how to assign static fixed IP to the Red Pitaya

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Mar 10 02:07:56 EST 2023

The method for assigning a fixed IP address to the RP is documented
somewhat tersely here, under "Network Configuration".

http://pavel-demin.github.io/red-pitaya-notes/alpine/

You'll have to get into the weeds and edit  /etc/dhcpcd.conf as explained
in the referenced link.

But, if you're using the RP-16, it requests *two* IP addresses with a
"phoney" Mac address (FF substituted for 2nd to last byte) for the second
8-slice receiver, using this command in start.sh:

ip link add mvl0 link eth0 address $address type macvlan mode passthru

I don't know if that command works with fixed IP addresses; it probably
requires a real DHCP server.

In sum, I don't think trying to make all that work is worth the effort.

73,
Bob, N6TV