[NZ4O Spaceweather] New Solar Cycle 23 Sunspot Group?

Thomas F. Giella NZ4O nz4o at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Nov 5 11:19:13 PST 2009

Posted on Thursday 11/05/2009 at http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o4.htm .

Greetings from Rollinsville, CO (elevation 10,000 feet) where it was 24 deg.
F this morning with 9 inches of snow on the ground. Last week at this time
we had 56" of snow on the ground and the temperature was 2 deg. F. What a
difference one week makes.

We are really enjoying our vacation but it will soon come to an end. I
brought one of my Icom IC-746 Pro's with me but the transmitter failed (the
dreaded IC151 issue) so no ham radio on this trip.

A new sunspot group has emerged in the NE quadrant of the Sun. Tentatively
it appears to have a solar cycle 23 magnetic polarity. NOAA/SWPC has yet to
assign it a number but SIDC in Belgium has assigned it Catania 13.

If indeed it is a solar cycle 23 sunspot group then the already record long
solar cycle is extended to 13 years and 7 months.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Rollinsville, CO, USA
nz4o at arrl.net
eList Owner/Moderator
John 3:16 <><

COL LF/MF/HF/VHF/UHF Frequency Radiowave Propagation Email Reflector:
NZ4O Daily Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o1.htm
NZ4O Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data In Graphic & Image Format:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o2.htm
NZ4O Daily LF/MF/HF/6M Frequency Radiowave Propagation Forecast & Archive:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o3.htm
NZ4O Solar Cycle 24 Forecast Discussion & Archive:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o4.htm
NZ4O 160 Meter Radio Propagation Theory Notes:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o5.htm
NZ4O Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Raw Forecast Data Links:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o6.htm
Florida & U.S. Raw Weather Forecasting Resource Links:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/kn4lf13.htm