[NZ4O Spaceweather] It Came from outter Space V 2.0

Paul Webster ka9jwx at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 20:21:24 PST 2010

November 30, 2010
It Came From Outer Space
Meteor
Some history stuff you just can't make up.

On this day in 1954, Mrs. Hewlett Hodges of Sylacauga, Ala., (about 40 miles south of Birmingham) became the first known person to be struck by a meteorite. According to reports of the day, Mrs. Hodges was napping on a couch when the meteorite—some 6 to 8 inches in diameter—crashed through the roof of her house leaving a three-foot hole and striking her on her arm and hip. She was injured only slightly.

The U.S. Air Force flew to Hodge's home and took the nine-pound object back to Washington. The Hodges demanded that the rock be returned to them so their family could keep it as a souvenir.

Duck		into the world of amateur astronomy.
forward		To a friend	invite		A friend to
Living History
join		The Club	Subscribe		To Living History

supported by:
		DK Publishing

Watch the Best Show of the Summer: NASA explains the Perseid meteor shower.

A Meteorite of Your Very Own!: Put your friends' pet rocks to shame. Now you can own your very own meteorite.

forward
	Today's Quiz:

What's the biggest meteor ever to have hit the Earth?
1. Barringer—Arizona
2. Hoba—Namibia
3. Kamil—Egypt
4. Mahuika—New Zealand

Previous Question: Which historical figure was never arrested?

Answer: Robert Kennedy

Sorry for the bad link in the 1st email. This time I think that I may be able to get the message across but I am not promising anything. Cross your fingers & pray real hard, & here goes.

73/75 de ka9jwx, Paul Lewis Webster
SKCC #5322
John 3:16
Long:-87.334L (-87*20'3"W)