[NZ4O Spaceweather] Propagation Forecast

Thomas F. Giella NZ4O nz4o at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jan 19 08:59:09 PST 2010

I have decided to produce the propagation forecast and solar cycle 24
discussion again.

I've never done this before but if anyone would like to donate a few $$$ to
offset some related expenses you can go to my propagation forecast web page
at http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o3.htm and click on the Paypal button.

Also I lost propagation forecast #2010-01 in the latest crack/hack before I
could back it up into the archive. So if someone has by chance made a copy
of it please send it to me.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
nz4o at arrl.net

NZ4O Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o1.htm

Posted Tuesday January 19, 2010 at 1600 UTC at
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o4.htm

At 1324 UTC an M2.3 solar flare was detected. The source region is unknown
at this time but it is likely that it was released by a sunspot group around
the east limb of the Sun. This is the first M class solar flare for solar
cycle 24.

The solar flux index values are 82.2 81.5 81.3 and the sunspot number 14.

On January 12th thanks to recurrent sunspot group #11040, the solar flux
index (SFI) peaked at 95.4 and the sunspot number (SSN) 41, both record
highs for solar cycle 24.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
nz4o at arrl.net