[NZ4O Spaceweather] Fw: [Worldradio-l] WRO News: NASA Asks For Hams' Help, Plus Two Centennial Special Events

Paul Webster ka9jwx at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 21:56:18 PST 2011

Hi, I want to apologize to the group owners for whose groups this email is OT &  to  any/every 1 who receives multiple copies of this, but since this is a unique opportunity, I thought I would take those risks.

Happy monitoring.

 From the WorldRadio Online Newsroom...

NASA Seeking Hams' Help

NASA is asking hams around the world to listen for the beacon from
the NanoSail-D nanosatellite, which was ejected yesterday from the
larger FASTSAT (Fast Affordable Scientific and Technology Satellite). The
beacon is in the 70-centimeter ham band at 437.270 MHz. The
satellite is supposed to deploy a solar sail after three days in orbit.
Hams who monitor the beacon are asked to send their reports
to the NanoSail-D dashboard at:

http://nanosaild.engr.scu.edu/dashboard.htm. More information on the
satellite and the mission may be found at

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/marshall/news/news/releases/2011/11-009.html
.