[NZ4O Spaceweather] Indices Falling

Thomas F. Giella NZ4O thomasfgiella at verizon.net
Mon Jun 6 06:59:35 PDT 2011

As of Monday UTC June 6, 2011 we only have four sunspot groups visible and
their magnetic signatures are simple Alpha and Beta types, so the daily
sunspot number (SSN) has fallen to 74 and the daily solar flux index (SFI)
to 102.3. We can expect the daily sunspot number and solar flux index to
continue to fall this week. Remember though that this small cyclical pattern
is within the realm of normality.

We also have a proton storm >10 MeV (10+0) event underway, the second in the
past 48 hour period, both related to earlier geo-effective (earth facing)
coronal mass ejections (CME). The elevated numbers of protons increase D
layer absorption of RF signals on the lower bands such as 160, 80, 60 and 40
meters at higher latitudes. The term for this event is called polar cap
absorption (PCA).

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, USA
nz4o at arrl.net

eMail Reflector Moderator & Owner

NZ4O Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive:
http://www.solarcycle24data.org
NZ4O HF/6M Radiowave Propagation Forecast: http://www.solarcycle24.org
NZ4O HF/6M Frequency Radiowave Propagation Email Reflector:
NZ4O Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data In Graphic & Image Format:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o2.htm
NZ4O Solar Cycle 24 Forecast Discussion & Archive:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o4.htm
NZ4O 160 Meter Radio Propagation Theory Notes:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o5.htm
NZ4O Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Raw Forecast Data Links:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o6.htm
Harmful Man Induced Climate Change (Global Warming) Refuted:
http://www.globalwarminglie.org