[NZ4O Spaceweather] Daily Discussion Of Solar Space & geomagnetic Weather Conditions

Thomas F Giella NZ4O nz4o at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Oct 17 06:44:33 EDT 2012

Published on Wednesday October 17, 2012 at 1030 UTC. Valid for the next 24
hours.

1.) DISCUSSION OF SOLAR, SPACE & GEOMAGNETIC WEATHER CONDITIONS THAT CAN
IMPACT MF & HF RADIO WAVE PROPAGATION IN A NEGATIVE MANNER-

I operated on 10 meters early this morning UTC using the digital mode JT65A
using 25 watts. I saw lot's of single hop and double hop sporadic E (Es) and
trans equatorial (TEP) radio wave propagation. I also saw some east-west F2
layer radio wave propagation thanks to a rising background x-ray flux.

The daily sunspot number (DSSN) is 107. This is the second day in a row that
the DSSN has been above 100 .

There are no significant impediments to good radio wave propagation on the
HF bands as far as solar, space and geomagnetic weather.

On the medium frequency (MF) (300-3000 kc) band there is the normal
absorption of RF signals in the D layer due to incoming cosmic rays from our
star and also other stars outside of our solar system, also hard x-rays from
our star. Also the background x-ray flux is running in the high C range so
there is some additional moderate absorption of RF signals in the D layer.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, USA
nz4o at tampabay.rr.com

NZ4O Amateur & SWL Radio Autobiography: http://www.nz4o.com
NZ4O "Daily" MF/HF/6M Radio Wave Propagation Forecast:
http://www.solarcycle24.org
NZ4O "Daily" Solar, Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o1.htm
NZ4O Solar Space, Weather & Geomagnetic Data Dashboard:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o2.htm
NZ4O Solar Cycle 24 Forecast Discussion & Archive:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o4.htm
NZ4O 160 Meter (MF) Radio Propagation Theory Notes:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o5.htm
NZ4O Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Raw Forecast Data Links:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o6.htm
Solar Cycle 24 dot org on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/SolarCycle24org/139198369462931