Omni 6 QSK CLICK
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 16:47:43 -0400 (EDT)
I have a loud click when breaking the key while in "fast qsk" mode.
1. It does it through an external spkr, headphones or internal spkr.
2. Slow qsk mode is click free.
3. Reducing power output to zero has no effect.
4. Reducing RF gain eliminates the click.
5. Reducing the AF gain also eliminates the click thus proving that
the sidetone is clean.
6. Power supply is an Astron 20m
7. S meter jumps to s7 on key break. Makes it hard to monitor swr while in
fast qsk mode.
The click seems to be coming from an early RF stage. Perhaps it's not
being muted properly by the T signal?
Steve Ellington N4LQ@IGLOU.COM Louisville, Ky