AF pot R5 in OMNI V

Jan & Del Seay seay@alaska.net
Tue, 24 Dec 1996 09:14:24 -0800

Paul, Wv3j wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> The AF (volume) control on my OMNI V goes from no sound to full loud in
> about fifteen degrees of rotation.  I read back in '91 that one of the
> suggestions from users of the OMNI V was for more spread on the AF control
> knob.  I presume this was improved in the OMNI VI.

I don't think they made any change, Paul. If so - it doesn't show!
An easy fix is to put an fixed resistor of equal resistance to the
pot across from the swinging arm to the hot side of the control.
I just dragged out my schematic to see what the value was - and guess
what? I don't have a schematic of the "Lower Pot Board". I wonder if
I am missing something in my manual, or if they didn't put it in
any books?  de KL7HF

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html