OMNI V vfo knob resistance

Brien Pepperdine pepperb@gov.on.ca
Tue, 23 Jul 1996 15:39:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all. I have been reading this list's archives via the WWW page for
awhile, but so far had no problem, lucky me, nor much to add to advice
given
out (as in the Argosy audio filter, which eventually was found out to have
a 3rd party source). Now I DO have a situation, so I subscribed to the
list.

Does anyone know if there is a way to decrease the resistance on
the
vfo knob of the OMNI V. The one I have presents quite a bit of frictional
resistance or whatever. It is not really an easy spin via the finger hole,
and I think this cannot be correct. Compared to the freer spins on my
former OMNI C or TT Argo, this is very resistant when I want to move up or
down.

Any info on adjustments, as well as getting TO where the adjustment(s)
might be done, would be appreciated.

Brien
Toronto

pepperb@gov.on.ca