OMNI V vfo knob resistance

Scott Rosenfeld NF3I ham@w3eax.umd.edu
Tue, 23 Jul 1996 15:16:08 +1030

Learn to use the "fast" button.  The knob is still and the encoder was
designed that way.  No friction adjustment can be made.

Yes, it kinda stinks, but the radio has SOOOO many other redeeming
qualities it's worth the small stuff.

BTW, check your firmware everyone.  5.1 (I think) is the latest.  Mine no
longer suffers from weird quirky software bugs as it did.

ALSO, make sure your radio has a voltage regulator board above the logic
board.  This eliminates the problem of TX drift (long story on request,
basically it comes down to different IR drops in the power cable causing
different voltages across, and capacitances of, the PIN diodes when output
power varies - like on SSB).

* Scott Rosenfeld NF3I Burtonsville, MD FM19mc QRV 80-10/6/2/440 *
*** 6m 75 grids worked on 8 watts *** HF 138 cfmd * QRP-L #147 ***
** QRP ARCI #9054 ** DXCC/WAS/WAC *** 100% dipole powered HF/6m **
* 301-549-1022 h / 301-982-1015 w *** 145.490- 147.225+ PL 156.7 *