OMNI V vfo knob resistance

Brien Pepperdine pepperb@gov.on.ca
Tue, 23 Jul 1996 18:51:37 -0400 (EDT)

Well, it does not spin as freely as some other knobs I had spun, but
indeed it is that holding the skirt and turning the knob does click it
through a variety of resistances, from the best it gets (which is not at
least going to turn on its own due to gravity or imbalances in the knob,
hi) all the way to you can hardly turn it (lock the freq. in for DX or
whatever?).

Anyhow, this list proved to have the stuff. And, Scott is correct, there
is enough resistance still that one would prefer to scoot up and down
quickly via the up and down arrows (with FAST on or off, depending how far
one wants to go and how many times press the arrows), and then do the fine
tuning via the knob, most probably. As, in fact, I have of course been
doing, but with a much more resistant knob then than I now have.

Brien
Toronto