Omni 6 ringing filters / RF gain

Steve Ellington n4lq@iglou.com
Fri, 14 Jun 1996 17:00:01 -0400 (EDT)

> P.S. I just had a chance to swap my OMNI VI for a Yaesu FT 1000
> even up.  The 1000 is a very nice radio, very nice indeed, but
> when operating the OMNI I felt some edge on CW.  I declined,
> though for casual SSB operation the 1000 took the cake.

The FT-1000 chops the dits so bad when using qsk that it sounds like a
sick chicken. The FT-1000MP has the best qsk keying I've ever heard. All
you need is about 3 big ones for the radio and those Collins filters!
Not a bad deal, money wise, but don't expect to piddle around with it's
innards like we do these TenTecs. Hmmm. But then again, maybe you don't
need to. Anyway, I'm having fun with the Omni so don't confuse me with
facts.

Steve Ellington N4LQ@IGLOU.COM  Louisville, Ky