Various Ten Tec questions

Bill Fisher, KM9P km9p@akorn.net
Wed, 27 Mar 1996 19:01:35 -0500 (EST)

At 02:07 PM 3/27/96 -0600, you wrote:

>1. Has someone kept a digest of previous topics discussed on this
>reflector, and if so, may I get a copy? Ditto, a list of FAQ's? I'm
>primarily interested in topics related to the newer Ten Tec transceivers
>and the Ten Tec amplifiers.

Anyone with access to the WWW can see every message ever posted to this
reflector.  Point your browswer to http://www.akorn.net/hamradio/tentec

>4. I suspect I know the answer to this one (it's unlikely that owners
>interested enough to subscribe to the Ten Tec mailing list would be in a
>hurry to sell their Ten Tec rigs, but I've got to ask): Does anyone have a
>clean Omni VI or Paragon II, and a Hercules, Centurion or Titan for sale.
>I'm looking to put together an all-USA, all Ten Tec station and am willing
>to pay a fair, cash price. OK, what online Web sites or Usenet groups are
>recommended to haunt for leads on Ten Tec equipment for sale?

I might be interested in selling my Omni-6 but I bet you could get a better
deal from someone else.  I keep looking at the Yaesu 1000MP...  I know I
won't like it as much on CW, but I also figure it won't be as clunky to use
in a contest.  I just can't get used to the Omni-6 going to sleep while
TXing on CW.  Anyone know what an Omni-6 used is worth?  I have dual 500hz
CW filters.

73

Bill, KM9P
| Contesting Online... The ultimate           |
| source of ham radio contest information     |
| http://www.contesting.com                   |