Air Variable Capacitor T-Kit

Bryan King kingbp@ka1fqt.mv.com
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 21:07:29 -0500

I just completed building the T-Kit no. 1207 Air Variable Capacitor and =
wanted to take a moment to comment on it.  The kit contains nice quality =
parts and excellent instructions. The end product is something to be =
proud of!  I wanted to put this beauty in the china cabinet next to the =
antique Vibroplex bug that my great grandmother used on the Western =
Union lines,  but my wife didn't appreciate it! (hi hi)

The reason I purchased this kit was 1) to gain an appreciation for how =
much work goes into building these capacitors.  You don't see too many =
of them around anymore.  2) I plan to use it in an inverted L antenna =
for 160 Meters.

This is also the first opportunity I've had to subscribe to and read =
mail from this reflector.  Thanks to the gentleman at Ten Tec for =
pointing me in the right direction with getting onto this reflector.  =
I've been a Ten-Tec fan for years.  My first rig ever was the Century 21 =
transceiver and I certainly had lots of fun with it.

I hope to see many more of these kits coming out of Ten Tec over the =
years!

73

Bryan
KA1FQT