[TenTec] cb linear

James C. Owen, III owen@piper.eeel.nist.gov
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 09:13:18 -0500 (EST)

In message Wed, 13 Aug 1997 01:41:44 GMT,
  k8cv@juno.com (Walter D Amos)  writes:

>why does the neighbor behind me have a 250 watt linear in his car being
> driven by a cb ....hummmmmmmm he certainly did not build
> it! To bad the federaralies have no clout........
>
> Walt K8CV

Just because it's illegal doesn't mean he will be caught,but if he is Katie
bar the door. Yes I wish there was more and better enforcement of the
rules.  The interference caused by these CB amplifiers reflect badly on the
Hams and are quite frequently blamed on the Hams. After all we have a
license that can be revoked and the CBers of course don't. Even though I
have a commerical FCC license as well as an amateur license I refuse to
work on a CB rig for anyone I know who uses an illegal station. Since I
started this policy over 25 years ago I don't know of anyone now who uses
illegal power, and I also don't work on many CB's anymore.  73 Jim K4CGY