[TenTec] Corsair II PTO problem..need advice

Robert L Stolzle ac5am@juno.com
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 08:34:57 -0500

Hello everyone,

I have a Corsair II that is truly a great radio. The only problem I have
is after sending it back to Ten Tec for repair of the PTO for warbling
signal when tuning, it now has very stiff tuning. No warbling, but very
hard to tune especially after tuning for a while. Ten Tec sent me the
instructions to rebuild the PTO tuning mechanism and I have already
rebuilt one in an OMNI C. This was successful.

So, do any of you have and advice ICW this? Will this thing limber up?
Any special tips will be appreciated.

Oh, don't want to send it back to Ten Tec. I think I can do this job
myself.

Thanks in advance,

Bob,   AC5AM

Natchitoches, LA