[TenTec] "Now serving number..."

S. Lee slee@u.washington.edu
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 00:09:41 -0800 (PST)

I just recently purchased my OMNI VI which was previously in the
que for an upgrade. It was number 512 and I received an email
from TenTec on November 6th notifying me to send it in and that
a few days late would be ok. I handed it over to UPS on November 12.
Just got it back yesterday, December 16.

As an OMNI VI+ it's everything you've heard about here on this list.
I like it...I like it a lot.

Now the frustrating part.....it came back with a scratch on the top
cover and the RIT/XIT knob has a burr on the knob where the hex screw
is located. I'll take a jeweler's file to the burr.  Think I'll be
talking to TenTec about repainting the cover. Minor frustrations.

If you need to confirm your que position just give TenTec a call or
send them an email...suspect they prefer a phone call though.

enjoy! de AB7HI, Stephen Lee, Federal Way, WA
                 slee@u.washington.edu