[TenTec] Wishes for an OMNI VII, a reply

Phil Sikes psikes@whidbey.net
Sat, 27 Dec 1997 23:49:49 -8

> At 20:05 97/12/27 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >I am greatful we do not share a common view -

I to am glad we don't all think alike, it would be a pretty
boring world if we did. While I am of the rig in front of me
with plenty of knobs world, I do see the need for some people
to have remote facilities as were mentioned earlier. On the
other hand, if we didn't have people who reached out to the
limits we wouldn't have the OSCAR birds, packet radio,
repeaters and many other aspects of ham radio that I enjoy.

I do run a computer in the shack and use it for logging, DX
packet spotting, satellite tracking and other ham related
functions. Now if I could only get the monitor to stop
interfering with the radio I would be one happy camper.

My only wishes for the next generation Omni would be a
built in contest keyer with incrementing serial numbers and
four memories.

73 and long live differences among us..

Phil

Phil Sikes - KJ7NS