[TenTec] Omni VI owners

Dave Wright dwright@microagesf.com
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 08:01:47 -0800

Wayne,

I am more than just happy with my Omni-VI's receiver performance, I'm
plain overjoyed!  I happen to live less than 1 mile from a 50kw AM
Broadcast station with the lobe pointed right at me.  I have numerous
IC/FT/TS rigs that were flat bombed by the front end overload.  The Omni
barely notices it.

I do see some minor overload problems on 160 at the bottom of the band
(of course), however using the filters pretty much eliminate that. The
intermod upgrade did help.  On the other bands I barely notice this
station unless I'm on the vertical ant (a yagi is normally used), then
it occasionally effects harmonic related portions of 40/20 slightly in a
very narrow (1-2khz) part of the band.

This allows me to concentrate on contesting.  Last year's ARRL DX, I
placed 1st in section, 3rd place No. America (10mtr CW) with the Omni
using low power.  The other two stations in North America were using
amps & high power.  How's that for performance?  More than good enough
for me....and this doesn't even mention their legendary service &
support....

73 Dave KB6JOX