OMNI V Rig Control

Steve Bookout sbookout@mnsinc.com
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 18:02:51 -0500

Don Whitener wrote:

> The OMNI V has a degree of rig control possible via the rear panel
> RS-232 connector, but it would seem that none of the popular logging
> programs support the OMNI V.  I would seem to me that it would be
> possible to write a translator program, perhaps operating as a TSR, to
> convert commands and status from one of the standard rig sets to the
> OMNI V set.  Does anyone know if such a translator has ever been
> written?
>
> For that matter, does anyone know of any available software for
> controlling the OMNI V?
>
> 73...
> Don Whitener, K4BWU
> whitener@hiwaay.net
>
> --
> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html
> Problems:                 w9tw@contesting.com

Don here is one that won't cost you a cent.  I am affiliated with
DX4WIN  and I'm sure we're the only ones who will allow the user to
cofigure his own radio driver.

I spoke to TenTec early on and was told they sold very few of the RS 232
boards for the Omni V's, that is why we don't support it.

On our homepage is a demo version of our program which does everything
but save a log file.  You can see if you can configure a command set to
work with your radio.  Obviously, this is not a job for the beginner,
but if you have the knowledge and understanding required, it may work
for you.  There is also a utility included to allow you to read/write to
the radio to check your stuff out.

Along with the demo, we have a users guide available for download,
although, it doesn't cover this stuff.  Personally, I wouldn't begin to
know how to explain it.

The URL is http://www.erols.com/pvander.

Lots of luck.

73 de Steve, NJ4F