[TenTec] Speaker News Flash

Steve Ellington n4lq@iglou.com
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 17:08:52 -0700

Normally, I don't have much good to say about MFJ products but folks, if
you are using any TenTec rig from the Omni V on back, you must try the
MFJ 281 Clear Tone speaker. I picked one up at the hamfest for $9.95 new
and hooked it up to my Omni V. I was astounded. The little 3" speaker
fills the room with the purest sounding cw note I've ever experienced.
It seems to resonate between 600 and 1000hz which reduces all kinds of
unwanted noise. The sidetone sounds 100% better too.

The reason for the clear sounding tone is the mylar cone. I discovered
this several years ago when I acquired an old fire alarm speaker with
this cone. They sure make cw sound sweet.

73 Steve N4LQ