[TenTec] VI Plus DSP clarification

Ten-Tec, Inc. sales@tentec.com
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 15:28:17 Eastern Daylight Time

At 09:53 AM 7/21/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Before you discard the idea of the Plus' on-board DSP, consider the fact
>that your Timewave was designed to operate with EVERY radio, the
>designed-in DSP for the Plus was designed for Ten-Tec by a company that
>designs, produces, and sells DSP boxes; the difference here is the Plus DSP
>was designed specifically to operate WITH the circuitry of the OMNI
>receiver, meaning it's design can be optimized to it's one and only
>operating environment.

I wanted to interject that the DSP algorithms used in the Omni-VI
Plus were designed by our engineering staff and that we did not use
an outside company to design this for our use.  It was developed by
the same people that did the original Omni-VI logic, logic for earlier
amateur radio transceivers, the upcoming DSP computer receiver, and our
IF-DSP military equipment.

DSP is here to stay in amateur radio!

73,
Scott Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager, Ten-Tec, Inc.

NAQP CW contest - Aug. 2