[TenTec] TT Gear List - Almost...TKS!

Steve Galchutt N0TU@webaccess.net
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 06:11:48 -0600

Hi Gang,

Lots of TT owners and with helpful input...THANK YOU ALL!
With some 30 replys and input from TenTec(Scott,W4PA)...I'm getting
real close to having a complete reference list. Remember my objective
was to sort out which model was what... so I would have a better
understanding of what folks are talking about when I see on the swaplist
"FS:TenTec 585". I want acquire a really gooood receiver. I believe
the Ten Tec line is the best for adjacent signal rejection and CW!
And I'm learning alot about which model has which feature.

Below is the latest list. Still it's not perfect but getting there!
Scott Robbins, W4PA (TenTec Sales) says he'll lend me some brochures
and info I can scan. So, I'll keep you all informed as this list gets
more data behind it. My wish is to have a photo of each model and
brief description of features for a webpage. Please send me any
corrections/errors or additions you feel would help improve the list.
There are to many accessories to list for right now, sorry...

Thanks again for all your help......Steve ;-) I'm learning alot!

                      Year              Referenced (QST)
Model#   Name         Intro             Comments
----------------------------QRP Xcvrs--------------------------
PM1      PowerMite    69-71             80/40m DC rx/tx 2watt
PM2A/B/C   "                            80/40/20m
PM3        "                            40/20m

505      Argonuat     71                Nov 72, CQ Nov 71
509      Argonuat     75                ?
515      Argonuat     80

525      Argosy
525D      "II/digital
535      Argonaut II  91                Jan 92, p77
536      Delta II                       same as above
555      Scout                          Dec 93, p77

570      Century 21                     Dec-77
574       "/digital
579      Century 22                     May-85

----------------------------QRO Xcvrs--------------------------
510      Triton I     73  50w
520      Triton II    73  100w
540      Triton IV    75                Jul 79, p45
544       "/digital   79
580      Delta        80
585      Paragon      88                May 88
586      Paragon II   93                no reviews

545     *Omni A       79                Jan-80
546     *Omni D       79                   "
546C    *Omni D       81/82             full WARC coverage

556      Scout

561      Corsair II   85                Aug 87 p32

562      Omni V       89                Nov 90, p33
563      Omni VI      92                Jan 93, p65
564      Omni VI+     3/97              no review yet

---------------------------Other Gear----------------------------
RX 10    Receiver                       Aug-71
Rx 315      Rx
Rx 325   gen coverage receiver.  1987.  "Amateur" version of our
SP-325 military receiver.
2510     Mode B Satellite Station       Oct-85 P41
330A     DSP Rx
* 545 Omni A 1979, 546 Omni D 1979.  "D" was digital version.
Factory upgrade option for series A and D to "A series B" or "D series
B" in 1980.  "Omni B" was really most of the "Omni D" series with
different filtering options that the original "D" - we make no
distinction for used gear nowadays and would have to dig to tell you
exactly what the difference between series "B" and the original A and D
were.-TT

N0TU/hw8/49er/NW8020/SW40/38s/solar/backpack-mobile... QRP-L # 911
My homepage - http://www.webaccess.net/~S&P     ARS# 206  CQC# 394