[TenTec] use of DSP units with TT QSK transceivers (Omni-B/C)

Allan G. Taylor ataylor@midas.llnl.gov
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 10:15:50 -0700 (PDT)

I have read with interest the transactions of late regarding a TT Saturn and
also about the OmniVI+ xcvrs. As I am not in the position to purchase either(!),
a stopgap would be to add a DSP unit to the shack to assist the old reliable
Tentec OmniC. In my brief study on DSPs, a slight processing time lag popped
out of the text and I said WHAT WILL THIS DO TO TT QSK? So I ask the tentec
reflector gang: does anyone have any practical experience using a DSP unit
with a traditional TT xcvr with full QSK? In particular, a JPS NIR-12?

Grant Taylor  K7GT   k7gt@qsl.net