[TenTec] OmniV/VI cw characteristics

Allan G. Taylor ataylor@midas.llnl.gov
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 10:24:18 -0700 (PDT)

A recent thread mentioned the cw keying waveform of the OmniV/VI as being not
up to the usual TT standard. While I have heard a few OmniVIs that were off
the mark, it is not so for all of them. In particular, I recall that the OmniV
of K7UOT as having particulary sweet and stable keying. I would like to know
what the concensus is regarding both the OmniV and OmniVI with regard to cw
keying. Additionally, is there a known fix? If not, is someone looking into it?
For those with the problem, is it possibly a power supply stiffness problem?
(i.e., not stiff enough for the demands of cw--I have noted that often on
lesser rigs, Icoms in particular).

The OmniVI+ has become my target rig for a funds-raising effort and I want to
know if there are any flies in the ointment that can't be removed!

Grant  K7GT  k7gt@qsl.net