[TenTec] low priced Ten-Tec

Jim Lowman jmlowman@ix.netcom.com
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 09:29:24 -0700

JDuffy@aol.com wrote:

> I'm a big fan of Ten-Tec.  Have a Paragon II.  But to disagree with my old
> friend Joe, get rid of the darn band modules.  I would have bought the Scout
> long ago if it weren't for those band modules.

Second the motion.  About a year ago, I was debating between buying a
Scout and a QRP+ and I bought the QRP+ because I felt the band modules
being constantly changed, especially during a contest, was not only an
inconvenience, but also would eventually result in poor/sloppy contact.
Anyone who has owned and used a Scout extensively find this to be true?

Recently, I had a chance to buy a Scout, which belonged to a friend who
bought it after we had the above debate.  Sadly, he is now a SK, so I
wanted to buy the Scout as a remembrance.

73 de Jim - KF6CR