[TenTec] 227 tuner help

George Arthur Talbot talbot@kmrmail.kmr.ll.mit.edu
Thu, 15 May 97 16:13:40+120

Tim,

Yes, you may to lubricate the mechanical bearing of the torroid but NOT the
contacts. I have the 200 watt Ten Tec tuner and have built the Tuned
Counterpoise that uses the Same Torroid as the 200 Watt tuner. Both have
received only light use and I have not had the need to lubricate them. I
have cleaned the contact on the 200 watt tuner.  You may want to clean the
contacts with Alcohol and a swab or a spray cleaner that does not have
lubricant in it. A few drops of oil in the 'bearing' where the shaft comes
through may help.

Let me know how it goes.

George

At 10:18 PM 5/14/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Anyone ever try to lubricate the torroid inductor on one of the small
>ten Tec tuners. It it a little hard to adjust and looks real dry. should
>it have some sort of lubricant on it?
>thanks
>Tim
>NZ8J
>
>--

George Ar†hur Talbo† V73GT AH8H ex WB6VPS ZD8GT ZD7GT ZD9CR
Raytheon Range Systems Engineering Support
United States Army Kwajalein Atoll
Roi-Namur Island, Marshall Islands
9 Deg 23' 47" North 167 Deg 28' 31" East
Islands On The Air IOTA OC-28
Pacific Inter Island Net 0800 UTC 14.315 USB Nightly
Other Times available by Schedule

Mailing address.

George Ar†hur Talbo†
Box 8358