[TenTec] Omni VI Problem

George McCrary geo@ipass.net
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 22:56:59 -0500

Hello Folks,

	I haven't even opened my 6 up yet to look for this problem, I thought I'd
see if anyone has seen it before. I recently noticed that after changing
bands the RX would seem to lose sensitivity. At first I thought I had coax,
antenna switch or some other problem. But, I finally realized it is
connected to touching (pressing on) the front panel.

	When the RX "quiets" I can get it "fixed" by pressing buttons in the
keypad area, by messing with the bail under the unit or pressing the top of
the front panel.

	Any ideas of what might be getting shorted, pinched or otherwise mucked up?

									Regards,

									George (KQ4QM)

BTW This is a 3 month old VI plus. I really hate the thought of having to
send the unit in for repair already!