[TenTec] OMNI V Problem

Karen Whall/Terry Burkholder np3g@navybase.net
Sat, 22 Nov 97 07:13:45 EST5EDT

I need help with a problem with my OMNI V.  I have a static like noise,
which is 40 db over on 160, S-9+ on 20, with the antenna disconnected.
Turning on the noise blanker eliminates the noise.  I have tried another 12
VDC supply with no difference. The noise is there on all modes, all bands
but loudest on 1.8 mhz.
It is definately a noise generated within the radio itself because with all
cables, except power, disconnected and the antenna connector grounded to the
chassis the noise is still there. I have two other radios on the same table
and they do not have the same noise.

Any ideas?

Please reply direct to np3g@navybase.net

Thanks for the help,
Terry NP3G

Terry A. Burkholder  NP3G  FOC 1397  Karen E. Whall   NP3F  FOC 1671

Real CW operators don't use keyboards!

P. O. Box 220,  Ceiba, PR  00735, np3g@navybase.net