[TenTec] Paragon opportunity

Joseph Koppi jkoppi@pclink.com
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 22:07:14 -0600

So guys, I've got a chance to buy a Paragon I, SN00383, no filters other
than standard, with a TT mod for the visually impaired that allows the alc
level to be set with a button installed in the top cover (yes, there's a
hole drilled in the rig cover with a small, momentary button switch
installed).  Comes with a mic but no ps.  Asking price is $835.

What considerations do I need to keep in mind before I pop for this rig?
Were there any problems with the early Paragons that this SN would have?
This obviously is an early model and probably does not have any late mods.
What sort of problems might I encounter and what sort of upgrades (other
than adding filters) might I want to consider?  I'm primarily a CW op.

This is a pretty good looking rig and I think I've found a dealer with a
matching ps.  Your comments will be appreciated, as always.

73,

Joe Koppi, W0SU
W0SU@pclink.com
St. Paul, MN