[TenTec] R-7000 Vertical Experience

Philippe NOUCHI Philippe.Nouchi@cern.ch
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 10:36:12 +0200

K5XS@aol.com wrote:

> I apologize for being a tad off topic here, but after reading the QST review
> I wondered what my Ten-Tec brothers and sisters would have to say.
>
> Has anyone used the R-7000 vertical?  I'm generally not a vertical kinda guy,
> but have a need for something protable to take out in the boonies with my Boy
> Scout troop (and the Omni) and am considering the R-7000.
>
> Would welcome experiences or thoughts.  Thanks.
>
> Bernie
> K5XS
> Honolulu

   I use one for one year and half, I burned the 20m and 30m traps with only
an IC2KL (400W and the SWR < 2:1). Same problem with the R7000 at the club
station F5KPG but only the 20m trap burned (Yes burned all is black in the
trap!!! and SWR > infini). If you use it with less than 200W it is a good
antenna. But Cushcraft lies when they sell it for 1500W PEP.
   To stay in the topic, is anybody can give an idea to command my IC2KL
with my Omni 6 for the automatic band changing. With the Icom amplifier it
is just a pin with different tension depends of the band.
73 de Philippe - F6IFY
P.S.: Sorry for my poor english.
--
Philippe Nouchi - F6IFY